An overview of AARP medicare supplement plans
The American Association of Retired Persons or commonly known as AARP is a non-profit organization providing a number of public outreach programs, to enhance the quality of life for older people in the country. The outreach program focuses on information, advocacy, and service for a positive social change and to deliver value to its 38 million members part of the program.
AARP has several affiliated organizations which include:
- AARP Foundation: A nonprofit initiative to assist people who are of the age of 50 and above.
- AARP Experience Corps: An initiative which encourages older adults to take up teaching and to mentor for a good cause.
- AARP Institute: Holds the charity funds of all AARP nonprofits.
- Legal Counsel for the Elderly: Provides low cost or no cost legal assistance for the elderly.
- AARP Services: Provides quality control and research for profit.
- AARP Financial Services Corporation: AARP’s for-profit real estate group.
- AARP Insurance: The organization which holds health insurance policies and plans like AARP medicare supplement plans 2017 among many others.
AARP Medicare supplement plans 2017: If you are eligible for medical, then it is a good idea to consider AARP Medicare supplement plans 2017 to help cover and take care of your out of pocket medical expenditure and other costs which are not part of your original Medicare plan.
Benefits of taking up AARP medicare supplement plans 2017 include:
- Coverage of out of pocket expenses, which will include many that are not covered by Medicare only.
- Provides options when it comes to choosing doctors and hospitals who accept Medicare patients.
- There is no network restriction which means the plan is applicable and valid in most places.
- Medicare supplement plans ensure no referrals needed for specialist visits.
- Supplement plans do not require any claim forms to support your application.
- UnitedHealthcare has over 30 years of experience of providing AARP Medicare supplement plans with expertise and commitment to guide you through the plan selection process and find the best health insurance plan from which you can benefit immensely.
- Plans are also available for members who are above the age of 65 and are eligible for Medicare due to being differently abled or suffering from health complications.
AARP members enjoy exclusive benefits which cannot be otherwise availed in different Medicare plans available. However, understanding the terms and conditions is imperative to assess which supplement plan would work well with your existing Medicare plan to reap maximum benefits.