Comparing the new iPad and iPad air 2
Apple iPad Air 2 has been replaced with 9.7-inch IPad. The two creations of Apple are similar physically, however the specifications of IPad Air 2 and IPad are quite distinct. Let us look at some of the key features of IPad and how it’s a refreshed version of Ipad Air 2.
- Whilst the IPad Air 2 was as sleek as any tablet could have ever been, the new IPad is slightly thicker with depth of 7.5mm. Thickness has been added in order to accommodate the bigger battery. The other dimensions, like the length and width, however remain the same.
- The newer IPad is on the heavier side. IPad Air 2 weighed around 437 g (Wi – Fi) and 444 g (LTE), the new IPad, on the other hand, is 7% heavier than the aforementioned weighing 469 g (Wi – Fi) and 478 g (LTE).
- Apple’s 2017 iPad is upgraded with a faster A9 processor. This upgradation makes web surfing simpler and easier. The 64-bit A9 chip ensures that every app in your tablet feels fast. IPad Air 2, on the other hand, has an A8X tri color chip in its architecture.
- With storage capacity doubled, the new IPad comes with 32 GB and 128GB storage. The older IPAD Air 2 came with 16GB and 64GB storage.
- The new IPad has a larger memory, which allows up to 10 hours of web surfing which is less compared to the iPad air 2.
- The New IPad is priced lower than the IPad Air 2. Priced at $329, this is more affordable when compared to IPad Air 2 which was priced at $399.
Similarities between IPad and IPad Air 2
- The display resolution of both IPad Air 2 and IPad are almost the same. The new model, however, boasts of a better display.
- Both the creations of Apple, IPad and IPad Air 2, have an in-built touch ID sensor which is incorporated into the home button.
- The innovative iPad maintains the Wi-Fi-only and Wi-Fi + LTE options as that of IPad Air 2.
- Both the tablets hold 2 GB of RAM and does not provide its users with expandable storage options.
- The camera resolution of IPad and IPad Air 2 remains the same 8MP and 1.2 MP front.
- Speaker configuration of IPad and IPad Air 2 are also the same with speakers placed exactly below the home button.
- Since both IPad and IPad Air 2 are Apple creation, they both operate on Ios 10.
- Both these products offer features of picture-in-picture, split-screen, and slide over window options.
Here are all the technical specifications of both IPad Air 2 and the newest IPad for you to decide which one’s better –
- Display – 9.7-inch 2048×1536 pixel color IGZO display at 264 pixels per inch which is quite a decent pixel density to give the best color and resolution.
- Storage – 16, 32, 64, and 128GB. Storage capacity is something everyone looks forward to when it comes to Apple products since the tech giant manages to time and time incorporate more into less space.
- Processors – 64-bit A7 and M7, two variants which power the CPU to ensure zero lag time while using the iPad air 2.
- RAM – 1GB memory is more than enough.
- Cameras – front 1.2MP 720p HD camera and a rear 5MP 1080p HD camera
- Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, optional 4G
- Size – 240 mm (9.4 in) (h) x 169.5 mm (6.67 in) (w) x 7.5 mm (0.30 in) (d)
- Weight – 469 grams
- iPad Air 2